Don’t you just love your library? I know I do. Just type “library” in my search box. I love that I can take my kids to not only pick out books to read and take home, but for them to socialize with the other library loving kids. I love that my children get to listen to a story teller, be entertained by a musician, see a magician, create a craft, hear a story, and learn to love books!
Reasons to love your library:
- Story time
- Special events
- Movie showings for a night out with the family
- Book signings
- Meet the author
- Literacy programs
- Free place to play when it’s too cold to go outside
- Cool place to go when it’s too hot outside
- Internet service
- DVD’s to check out
- Place to read
- Place to meet friends
- Place for a meeting (business, nonprofit, community organization)
- Buy books at rock bottom prices (see what we scored at our last Friends of the Library sale)
- They put books on hold for you so you don’t have to drag your kids out of the children’s department to find them
- They bring books from other libraries for you
- They help you find hard to find resources
- Museum passes for discount prices, or free!
- Job & Resume help
- Downloadable books
- Friendly people who love the library
Here are some real life stories of people who love their library and how it’s made a difference in their lives.
Go to your local library this week and say thank you to your library workers! Celebrate this week and share what the library helped you create. There are Unlimited Possibilities @ the Library!
What is your favorite reason to love your library?
Shared at the Homeschool Mother’s Journal